Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Fear # 10: Enter a Competition.

A miracle is about to happen.

I hope. My favorite singer, Ingrid Michaelson, recently sent out a challenge for all of her fans. Ingrid is filming a music video and wants to feature her fans facing their fears. And you know I'm a pretty big fear-conquering enthusiast!

Those chosen will be featured overcoming their fears in her new music video, being filmed in Southern California at the end of this month. You can watch the video I submitted below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZwX69MmeeQ


The reason I chose diving with sharks? To me, it just made sense. This fear is a metaphor for deeper fears that have greatly impacted my life: I fear big decisions, I fear commitment, and I fear jumping into anything that has huge potential. Trusting my own judgment scares me to death. The"sharks" of my life have held me back from "diving into the deep end". So, I figure if I can face real, live sharks...I can face anything that comes my way. And I will finally learn how to "dive" into things - decisions, love, life - head first.

My hopes are high, my fingers are crossed, and my heart is full.

Send positive vibes my way, and meanwhile, I'll have Ingrid Michaelson on repeat to help my chances. I'll keep you updated! Until the next fear...

-Court xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment